I bid you a warm welcome to the start of what promises to be a fantastic school year. I am sure that all students, new and experienced, are looking forward to all that this school year has to offer.
During the holidays our non teaching staff have worked hard developing and improving the school so that all is ready for our students on the 20th August.
- We have increased the bike parking by 50% and tidied the access route to the school.
- A large number of indoor and outdoor walls have been painted, along with internal and external doors and frames.
- Our Junior School has two new large carpets for the student room and two large lighted glass display units, one for each floor.
- Our middle school library entrance corridor has been painted and given a new oak floor which has really made a significant difference.
- Two new smart boards have been installed in Middle School classrooms and new projector/screen/sound packages have been installed in 10 other rooms.
New IES staff from all of our Swedish schools will meet for a conference at IES Enskede on Monday 13th August. It is always pleasing when our school is chosen to represent our organization in important activities of this type. Our owner and founder Mrs. Barbara Bergström will present, along with our managing director Mr. Peter John Fyles.
Our sister school in the UK will be starting in September, led by outstanding Principal Ms. Sherry Zand. I had the privilege of assisting Ms. Zand in staff recruitment for her school and was impressed by the quality of staff selected. We welcome IES Breckon and wish them all the very best for their start up year.
There are, of course, many other interesting and exciting developments in the pipeline which we will expand upon more during the coming year.